SPEAK UP STAND OUT –
GRAVITAS METHOD™ ONLINE TRAINING PROGRAMME
Gravitas matters more than ever. If you aren’t 100% certain that you and your team are able to land their ideas clearly and powerfully: to speak so others listen (and listen so others speak) then you run the risk of damaging your business, not just right now in the midst of the crisis but also as growth kickstarts and a new normal emerges. What happens when it’s business as ‘usual’? Will your people be ready to hit the ground running? How will your people be working in the future? Are your people ready for what’s next?
Caroline Goyder’s long been recognised as expert on gravitas – she wrote the book – and to future proof you and your team for whatever is around the corner, she’s devised a gravitas virtual package to support the team during the crisis, and beyond.
The Gravitas Method™ Training programme will help you if:
- You need a set of tools for gravitas and confidence that you can apply every time.
- You notice that when your team communicate, they sometimes lack the gravitas and credibility that they need to make impact and you worry it’s impacting the business
You are constantly required in meetings, because the team lack the gravitas and credibility to represent your business
BENEFITS FOR YOU AND YOUR TEAM
- Develop skills to communicate with confidence, calm and gravitas on video conference calls.
- Learn tools to help you build rapport and connection with audiences, engaging them from the off.
- Develop tools for managing group dynamics, owning the screen, taking charge, even as you maintain relationship and trust.
- Have time to practise skills and develop with individual feedback and support. Become aware of what distracts attendees—so you can fight those distractions.
- Learn by observation and practise.
All of our workshops draw on The Gravitas Method™, a toolkit we’ve honed over 20 years in theatre, broadcast and working with thousands of clients. We give you the absolute essentials for success, and help you find what works for you – tools you can take straight back to work so you notice an immediate impact in you and your team
- Why communicating on screen requires extra energy; how to talk through the screen not at the screen; how to up your energy and dynamism.
- How to build rapport, engagement and focus (and avoid distractions) by understanding the audience and starting where they are.
- How to own the screen and find your presence in video calls.
- How to use your voice to engage the audience and keep their focus.
- How to use emphasis to highlight key points.
- How gesture and body language can bring your words alive.
- How to make eye contact in a virtual environment.
- How to distil your thinking and structure content to make it easier for audiences to digest.
- How to relax before calls so you can use your face and expressions to communicate expressively and authentically.
- How to handle a difficult or disengaged audience, and how to keep control when you are interrupted or talked over, with constant interruptions and distractions.
- How to keep calls on track and deal with de-railers.
Thanks so much for a brilliant Zoom session, Caroline. You have a real knack of opening up the space to invite interaction with attendees. Such a warm and interactive session for The Curious Lounge members. Making time for individual attendees meant everyone came away feeling more confident about finding – and using – their voices online.
Louize Clarke, The Curious Lounge
After Covid thwarted our plans for an in-person session with Caroline earlier in the year and network issues disturbed our second attempt over Zoom, it was third time lucky yesterday when over 50 people joined for our lunchtime event. Despite being long awaited it did not disappoint. It felt like the breath of fresh air we all needed, after months on endless Zoom calls. We covered some amazing practical tips for use in client meetings and for those big presentations. We’ve had positive feedback from people of all levels and job function across the firm – everyone found something useful to take away and implement into their roles. Maybe there is an escape route out of Zoom jail after all!
Amelia Pan, Partner and Beth Appleyard, EA, Brunswick Group